Key binding for the output pane / Highest GTK+ version
Adam Krolnik
2014-06-17 12:57:29 UTC
Hi Tom;

Two things.

1. What is the highest GTK+ version emelfm2 will work with ?

2. I was trying to set the End key to go to the bottom of the output pane. It doesn't
seem to accept this key.
I noticed the 'command line' is under the 'main' section. But the 'output' section is
separate and empty.

Also, the existing bindings (<shift>Page_Up/<shift>Page_Down don't work as defined.

I thought this worked before and I had used it, but I must be missing something.

Lastly, I guess the FreeLists thing doesn't show html mail any more.

Thanks.
--
Soli Deo Gloria
Adam Krolnik
Co-author "Assertion-Based Design", "Creating Assertion-Based IP"
t***@onepost.net
2014-06-18 01:41:26 UTC
On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:57:29 -0500
Post by Adam Krolnik
Two things.
1. What is the highest GTK+ version emelfm2 will work with ?
AFAIK it will work on any 3.x.y (provided it has been built for gtk3, of course). The last I've tried is 3.10.6, but I rarely use that, as gtk3 (or perhaps its theming/styling) is still, even now, less reliable than gtk2, and the devs seem to be continuing to expand the scope of 'undocumented' asynchronous behaviour which can trigger occasional random crashes.
Post by Adam Krolnik
2. I was trying to set the End key to go to the bottom of the output pane. It doesn't
seem to accept this key.
I noticed the 'command line' is under the 'main' section. But the 'output' section is
separate and empty.
Yes, the output pane tabs don't have any default bindings, because the inherent GtkTextView widget has lots of bindings of its own. Such as <Ctrl><End> to go to the end ...
Post by Adam Krolnik
Also, the existing bindings (<shift>Page_Up/<shift>Page_Down don't work as defined.
Those are commandline bindings i.e. shift output pane position while the commandline is focused.
Post by Adam Krolnik
I thought this worked before and I had used it, but I must be missing something.
Lastly, I guess the FreeLists thing doesn't show html mail any more.
OK, I never noticed.

Tom