help files mismatch
Liviu Andronic
2013-08-19 13:10:01 UTC
Dear Tom,
In the package that I'm distributing in my Ubuntu PPA I notice the
following issue: the path advertised for the help file is different
from the one actually attempted when hitting the 'view' button in the
About dialogue. (See attached screenshot.) The actual file is located
in this installation at: /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/USAGE.gz

Is this a known issue? Regards,
Liviu
--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
Kyrill Detinov
2013-08-19 15:43:42 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
In the package that I'm distributing in my Ubuntu PPA I notice the
following issue: the path advertised for the help file is different
from the one actually attempted when hitting the 'view' button in the
About dialogue. (See attached screenshot.) The actual file is located
in this installation at: /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/USAGE.gz
Is this a known issue?
I've just compiled the latest svn version in openSUSE.
It looks OK for me.

Clicking on the ПрПсЌПтр/View button opens the ACTIONS file.
There is a screenshot: http://itmages.ru/image/view/1175794/6109d759
(see in background).
--
WBR
Kyrill
t***@onepost.net
2013-08-22 00:31:06 UTC
On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:10:01 +0200
Post by Liviu Andronic
In the package that I'm distributing in my Ubuntu PPA I notice the
following issue: the path advertised for the help file is different
from the one actually attempted when hitting the 'view' button in the
About dialogue. (See attached screenshot.) The actual file is located
in this installation at: /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/USAGE.gz
Is this a known issue? Regards,
No, it just indicates a mismatch between the "PREFIX" used to build, and the one used in the package.

Regards
Tom
Liviu Andronic
2013-08-27 11:01:08 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
In the package that I'm distributing in my Ubuntu PPA I notice the
following issue: the path advertised for the help file is different
from the one actually attempted when hitting the 'view' button in the
About dialogue. (See attached screenshot.) The actual file is located
in this installation at: /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/USAGE.gz
Is this a known issue? Regards,
No, it just indicates a mismatch between the "PREFIX" used to build, and the one used in the package.
What could trigger this mismatch? I use
$(MAKE) PREFIX=/usr $(MAKEOPTS)

and then
$(MAKE) install PREFIX=$(CURDIR)/debian/emelfm2/usr/
$(MAKE) install_i18n PREFIX=$(CURDIR)/debian/emelfm2/usr/

Both point to the '/usr' path. And the actual help files end up in the
package at /usr/share/doc/emelfm2/ . So what would confuse emelFM2
into trying to access the help files at /usr/local ?

Thanks,
Liviu
Post by t***@onepost.net
Regards
Tom
t***@onepost.net
2013-08-27 11:11:43 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
[...]
Nothing. It's hard-coded, according to the build-time PREFIX.

If it's looking for help files in /usr/local, you've somehow mingled files built with that PREFIX.

Regards
Tom
t***@onepost.net
2013-08-27 11:26:57 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
[...]
Aach, I forgot - there are advanced-config options, on the general page, to specify help documents.

Regards
Tom