activate all plugins plug-ins
Liviu Andronic
2014-01-19 10:39:58 UTC
Dear Tom,
I've checked latest SVN and one (minor) long-standing issue is still
present. Do you plan to add a one-checkbox way to activate/deactivate
all plugins? Currently the select mechanism seems to me quite awkward,
and if you have all plugins deactivated for some reason, you need a
lot of clicking to activate most of them.

Additionally, the 'Add' and 'Select' buttons are confusing now. If I
'Select', the plugin gets added as a new item. If I first 'Add' then
'Select', the 'added' empty line stays empty and the plugin gets added
as a new item. It seems like 'Add' is redundant, and 'Select'
misnamed.

Regards,
Liviu
--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
t***@onepost.net
2014-01-21 23:25:57 UTC
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:39:58 +0100
Post by Liviu Andronic
I've checked latest SVN and one (minor) long-standing issue is still
present. Do you plan to add a one-checkbox way to activate/deactivate
all plugins?
Not ATM, at least. There would have to be two pairs of new buttons at the bottom of the view.

Post by Liviu Andronic
and if you have all plugins deactivated for some reason, you need a
lot of clicking to activate most of them.
Additionally, the 'Add' and 'Select' buttons are confusing now. If I
'Select', the plugin gets added as a new item. If I first 'Add' then
'Select', the 'added' empty line stays empty and the plugin gets added
as a new item. It seems like 'Add' is redundant, and 'Select'
misnamed.
I agree the add button is unlikely to be used for plugins, and so it's now gone. The select button tip now refers to 'add' instead of 'load'.

Regards
Tom
Liviu Andronic
2014-01-22 21:14:41 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
I've checked latest SVN and one (minor) long-standing issue is still
present. Do you plan to add a one-checkbox way to activate/deactivate
all plugins?
Not ATM, at least. There would have to be two pairs of new buttons at the bottom of the view.
What about a context-menu on the Loaded and Menu column labels,
containing the 'Select all' and 'Deselect all' items?
Post by Liviu Andronic
and if you have all plugins deactivated for some reason, you need a
lot of clicking to activate most of them.
Additionally, the 'Add' and 'Select' buttons are confusing now. If I
'Select', the plugin gets added as a new item. If I first 'Add' then
'Select', the 'added' empty line stays empty and the plugin gets added
as a new item. It seems like 'Add' is redundant, and 'Select'
misnamed.
I agree the add button is unlikely to be used for plugins, and so it's now gone. The select button tip now refers to 'add' instead of 'load'.
Thanks,
Liviu
Post by t***@onepost.net
Regards
Tom
t***@onepost.net
2014-01-23 05:36:05 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
I've checked latest SVN and one (minor) long-standing issue is still
present. Do you plan to add a one-checkbox way to activate/deactivate
all plugins?
Not ATM, at least. There would have to be two pairs of new buttons at the bottom of the view.
What about a context-menu on the Loaded and Menu column labels,
containing the 'Select all' and 'Deselect all' items?
OK, that's done.

At the risk of incurring the displeasure of our translators, as there are 4 extra menu-labels and 4 tips.

Regards
Tom
Liviu Andronic
2014-01-25 17:12:59 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
I've checked latest SVN and one (minor) long-standing issue is still
present. Do you plan to add a one-checkbox way to activate/deactivate
all plugins?
Not ATM, at least. There would have to be two pairs of new buttons at the bottom of the view.
What about a context-menu on the Loaded and Menu column labels,
containing the 'Select all' and 'Deselect all' items?
OK, that's done.
Thanks, Tom. Just tried, and very useful. Minor hitch: the 'load all'
works only for "parent" entries, but not for "child" entries. For
example, 'Select same' gets loaded, but not 'Partial'.

Regards,
Liviu
t***@onepost.net
2014-01-25 20:57:41 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 18:12:59 +0100
Post by Liviu Andronic
Post by t***@onepost.net
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 22:14:41 +0100
Thanks, Tom. Just tried, and very useful. Minor hitch: the 'load all'
works only for "parent" entries, but not for "child" entries. For
example, 'Select same' gets loaded, but not 'Partial'.
There should no longer be any 'child' plugin - all plugin actions are intended to be displayed on the same level in the config dialog page.

Upgrading to version 0.9.1 will fix this automatically, or otherwise, you'll need to drag and drop the relevant child row somewhere else. Because the same DnD mechanism applies to all config treeviews, there's no easy way to prevent dropping onto another plugin, which creates a child-arrangement.

Regards
Tom
t***@onepost.net
2014-01-25 22:36:30 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
Post by t***@onepost.net
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 22:14:41 +0100
Thanks, Tom. Just tried, and very useful. Minor hitch: the 'load all'
works only for "parent" entries, but not for "child" entries. For
example, 'Select same' gets loaded, but not 'Partial'.
There should no longer be any 'child' plugin - all plugin actions are intended to be displayed on the same level in the config dialog page.
Upgrading to version 0.9.1 will fix this automatically, or otherwise, you'll need to drag and drop the relevant child row somewhere else. Because the same DnD mechanism applies to all config treeviews, there's no easy way to prevent dropping onto another plugin, which creates a child-arrangement.
Actually, that problem seems fixed, now.

Regards
Tom