Copy/move to NFS problem
Kyrill Detinov
2012-01-16 16:40:09 UTC
Hello.

I have problem when I copy or move files to NFS-mounted directory.
Created directory is named "dir_name-incomplete". Move doesn't
delete source directory. In the output pane I see: "Cannot copy all
of ..."
I have checked the content of the both directories and it is identical.

Copy/move to NFS works well in another file manager.

How to fix the problem?
--
WBR
Kyrill
t***@onepost.net
2012-01-17 08:06:07 UTC
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:40:09 +0400
Post by Kyrill Detinov
Hello.
I have problem when I copy or move files to NFS-mounted directory.
Created directory is named "dir_name-incomplete". Move doesn't
delete source directory. In the output pane I see: "Cannot copy all
of ..."
I have checked the content of the both directories and it is identical.
Copy/move to NFS works well in another file manager.
How to fix the problem?
--
WBR
Kyrill
Basically, at the end of the process, the temporary destination-directory needs to be renamed, and often, its permission(s) changed, and then (for a move) the source directory removed. The latter will be aborted if any previous part of the process fails. So it seems as if the rename/chmod is not happening as intended.

AFAIK there can be various 'quirks' with NFS behaviour, and I for one am not across them.

We can investigate, using extra builds, with customised files designed to shed light on just what is happening, if you're up for that.

Regards
Tom
Kyrill Detinov
2012-01-17 08:43:13 UTC
Post by t***@onepost.net
We can investigate, using extra builds, with customised files
designed to shed light on just what is happening, if you're up for
that.
I'd like to debug the issue.
--
WBR
Kyrill
Kyrill Detinov
2012-01-18 19:52:16 UTC
Post by Kyrill Detinov
I have problem when I copy or move files to NFS-mounted directory.
Created directory is named "dir_name-incomplete". Move doesn't
delete source directory. In the output pane I see: "Cannot copy all
of ..."
The same copying/moving to media player connected USB and mounted as
removable drive (FAT32).
--
WBR
Kyrill