file.unpack treats some .zip files as tar.gz
Liviu Andronic
2012-09-19 18:09:42 UTC
Hello
Try to download Cxbx 0.7.8c-Source.zip from [1] and try to file.unpack
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857)
/bin/tar: This does not look like a tar archive
/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857) returned '2'
Is this a known issue? Regards
Liviu

[1] http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/download.htm
--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
Charles A Edwards
2012-09-19 21:11:54 UTC
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:09:42 +0200
Post by Liviu Andronic
Try to download Cxbx 0.7.8c-Source.zip from [1] and try to file.unpack
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857)
/bin/tar: This does not look like a tar archive
/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857) returned '2'
No problems with it here

unzip -o "/home/charles/Download/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (3064)
Archive: /home/charles/Download/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip
<snip>
unzip -o "/home/charles/Download/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (3064)
returned '0'

Do you have zip installed?
If so what does your ~config/emelfm2/config-(lang) show for file
type zip.

Also what version of emelfm2 are you running.

Charles
--
Your good nature will bring you unbounded happiness.
----------------------
----------------------
Liviu Andronic
2012-09-20 05:42:49 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
Try to download Cxbx 0.7.8c-Source.zip from [1] and try to file.unpack
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857)
/bin/tar: This does not look like a tar archive
/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857) returned '2'
No problems with it here
unzip -o "/home/charles/Download/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (3064)
Archive: /home/charles/Download/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip
<snip>
unzip -o "/home/charles/Download/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (3064)
returned '0'
Do you have zip installed?
Yes. Unzip from the menu works fine.
Post by Charles A Edwards
If so what does your ~config/emelfm2/config-(lang) show for file
type zip.
zip archives||
|extensions|
|zip|
|rar|
|commands|
|Xarchiver|xarchiver %f
|_Unzip|unzip %f
|Unzip in _other pane|panes.switch;unzip %P;panes.switch
|plugin:Unpack|file.unpack
|_List contents|>unzip -l %f \| less
Post by Charles A Edwards
Also what version of emelfm2 are you running.
Likely some SVN revision, just after the new plugin selection
mechanism was implemented:
***@liv-laptop:~$ emelfm2 -v
emelFM2 v. 0.8.1
Licensed under the GPL
Copyright (C) 2003-2012, tooar <***@emelfm2.net>
Build date: Wed Jul 18 16:18:43 CEST 2012
Build platform: GTK+ 2.20.1 Linux 2.6.32-41-generic/x86_64

Regards
Liviu
Charles A Edwards
2012-09-20 09:57:15 UTC
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:42:49 +0200
Post by Liviu Andronic
Post by Charles A Edwards
Also what version of emelfm2 are you running.
Likely some SVN revision, just after the new plugin selection
emelFM2 v. 0.8.1
That would be revision 2570 which is the latest and the same as I am
running.

I noticed that you had made config changes, adding rar and
xarchiver.
You did not by chance modify/patch e2p_unpack.c for your build did you?

Wondering if you might have a spurious zip entry somewhere.

If you do not mind trying, close emelfm2, rename your config-(lang) and
replace it with mine which I have attached.
Launch emelfm2 and try file.unpack again on the same zip.

Charles
--
THEGODDESSOFTHENETHASTWISTINGFINGERSANDHERVOICEISLIKEAJAVELININTHENIGHTDUDE
----------------------
----------------------
Liviu Andronic
2012-09-20 21:14:46 UTC
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Charles A Edwards
Post by Charles A Edwards
That would be revision 2570 which is the latest and the same as I am
running.
I noticed that you had made config changes, adding rar and
xarchiver.
You did not by chance modify/patch e2p_unpack.c for your build did you?
Not that I know of.
Post by Charles A Edwards
Wondering if you might have a spurious zip entry somewhere.
If you do not mind trying, close emelfm2, rename your config-(lang) and
replace it with mine which I have attached.
Launch emelfm2 and try file.unpack again on the same zip.
I get the same error when I run 'emelfm2 -o', which uses a default
config, so I guess this should rule out config differences.

Regards
Liviu
t***@onepost.net
2012-09-22 07:33:23 UTC
Post by Charles A Edwards
Wondering if you might have a spurious zip entry somewhere.
If you do not mind trying, close emelfm2, rename your config-(lang) and
replace it with mine which I have attached.
Launch emelfm2 and try file.unpack again on the same zip.
I get the same error when I run 'emelfm2 -o', which uses a default
config, so I guess this should rule out config differences.
Super busy here, for the last couple of months and probably for the next couple of weeks.

Will look into it then, along with finishing off the plugins changes, for which Liviu reported a problem.

Regards
Tom
Liviu Andronic
2012-09-22 07:57:12 UTC
Post by t***@onepost.net
Super busy here, for the last couple of months and probably for the next couple of weeks.
Will look into it then, along with finishing off the plugins changes, for which Liviu reported a problem.
Sounds great. Regarding the plugins, I always get segfaults when I try
to load the 'copy bar' plugin.

Regards
Liviu
Liviu Andronic
2013-08-25 05:52:59 UTC
Dear Tom,
I've just checked with latest SVN and the issue is still present
there. Did you get a chance to look into this unpacking of .zip files
issue?

Regards,
Liviu
t***@onepost.net
2013-08-26 05:21:39 UTC
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 07:52:59 +0200
Liviu Andronic <***@gmail.com> wrote:

Well done for reminding me, Liviu.

Was missing comma in commands array, should be ok in svn now.

Regards
Tom
Liviu Andronic
2013-08-27 09:20:21 UTC
Post by t***@onepost.net
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 07:52:59 +0200
Well done for reminding me, Liviu.
Was missing comma in commands array, should be ok in svn now.
Thanks! It seems to work now.

Liviu

Kyrill Detinov
2012-09-20 04:20:40 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857)
/bin/tar: This does not look like a tar archive
/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
tar -xpf "/home/liv/Downloads/src/Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source.zip" (15857) returned '2'
Confirmed. I see the same issue with all zip archives.
emelfm2-0.8.1.
--
WBR
Kyrill