emelFM2 0.8.1 release
t***@onepost.net
2012-04-20 05:12:01 UTC
Hello all.

The latest public release is available at http://emelfm2.net/rel/emelfm2-0.8.1.tar.bz2.

Highlights of this release:
* added default filetype for xz archives
* added skeleton ebuild file
* more-tolerant file-copying when ACL plugin is loaded
* cleanup Makefile and update Makefile.config
* updated translations ru, de
* fixes for running on gtk3 and one trivial bugfix

Details are available at http://emelfm2.net/ChangeLog.
Liviu Andronic
2012-04-20 07:23:27 UTC
Post by t***@onepost.net
Details are available at http://emelfm2.net/ChangeLog.
This should be:
http://emelfm2.net/wiki/ChangeLog

Liviu
Liviu Andronic
2012-04-22 19:30:25 UTC
Post by t***@onepost.net
The latest public release is available at http://emelfm2.net/rel/emelfm2-0.8.1.tar.bz2.
Ubuntu binaries are available here [1].

Liviu

[1] https://launchpad.net/~landronimirc/+archive/emelfm2/
Kyrill Detinov
2012-04-22 19:52:21 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
Post by t***@onepost.net
The latest public release is available at
http://emelfm2.net/rel/emelfm2-0.8.1.tar.bz2.
Ubuntu binaries are available here [1].
Just in case, I maintain openSUSE packages:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/emelfm2
--
WBR
Kyrill
Anders Lagerås
2012-04-22 20:35:46 UTC
Post by Liviu Andronic
Post by t***@onepost.net
The latest public release is available at http://emelfm2.net/rel/emelfm2-0.8.1.tar.bz2.
Ubuntu binaries are available here [1].
Liviu
[1] https://launchpad.net/~landronimirc/+archive/emelfm2/
tnx.
Mvh Anders Lagerås
Liviu Andronic
2012-04-22 20:56:06 UTC
Post by t***@onepost.net
The latest public release is available at http://emelfm2.net/rel/emelfm2-0.8.1.tar.bz2.
I have an issue with the file.edit: hit 'f4' on any text file and the
in the editor buffer the text cursor will be placed at the very end of
the file, instead of at the beginning. This can be confusing for the
user.

Regards
Liviu
t***@onepost.net
2012-04-24 08:32:22 UTC
On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 22:56:06 +0200
Post by Liviu Andronic
Post by t***@onepost.net
The latest public release is available at http://emelfm2.net/rel/emelfm2-0.8.1.tar.bz2.
I have an issue with the file.edit: hit 'f4' on any text file and the
in the editor buffer the text cursor will be placed at the very end of
the file, instead of at the beginning. This can be confusing for the
user.
Well yes, I see that clever gtk shows the start of the file in the window, but leaves the cursor at the end.

Svn file (e2_view_dialog.c) now has a fix for this. Not sure how this works with BIG files, which load asynchronously IIRC.

Regards
Tom
Arve Barsnes
2012-04-25 19:28:24 UTC
Since this list is frequently a bug reporting forum, and one can never get
enough praise, I have to congratulate you on this release, Tom. So far I
have seen none of my usual pet peeves or annoyances, and it's been rock
solid. Some of it might be attributed to gtk upgrades, but judging by the
kinds of bugs you've been hunting down lately, I think much of the credit
belongs with you. Keep up the good work!

Arve
l***@enztec.net
2012-04-25 20:47:41 UTC
indeed !

couldn't live without emelfm2, dillo or curl

Arve
peter kostov
2012-04-25 21:56:49 UTC
Post by Arve Barsnes
Since this list is frequently a bug reporting forum, and one can never get
enough praise, I have to congratulate you on this release, Tom. So far I
have seen none of my usual pet peeves or annoyances, and it's been rock
solid. Some of it might be attributed to gtk upgrades, but judging by the
kinds of bugs you've been hunting down lately, I think much of the credit
belongs with you. Keep up the good work!
Arve
Yes, a BIG thank you from me too!
Petar
Charles A Edwards
2012-04-27 11:36:46 UTC
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:32:22 +1000
Post by t***@onepost.net
Well yes, I see that clever gtk shows the start of the file in the
window, but leaves the cursor at the end.
Svn file (e2_view_dialog.c) now has a fix for this. Not sure how this
works with BIG files, which load asynchronously IIRC.
This change (svn2490) breaks file.edit/view for me.

Choosing either from the right-click menu opens an empty window.

If I use F4, the first invocation will properly display the file but
subsequent invocations give an empty window for that, or any other file
I try to edit/view.

Have fallen back to svn2489 which performs properly for me.

Charles
--
A diplomat's life consists of three things: protocol, Geritol, and
alcohol. -- Adlai Stevenson
----------------------
t***@onepost.net
2012-04-29 08:10:30 UTC
Post by t***@onepost.net
Well yes, I see that clever gtk shows the start of the file in the
window, but leaves the cursor at the end.
Svn file (e2_view_dialog.c) now has a fix for this. Not sure how this
works with BIG files, which load asynchronously IIRC.
This change (svn2490) breaks file.edit/view for me.
Choosing either from the right-click menu opens an empty window.
A line of code was mis-positioned by 1. You could try again, now. Works ok here on a 50 MB text file.

Regards
Tom
Charles A Edwards
2012-04-29 10:50:01 UTC
On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:10:30 +1000
Post by t***@onepost.net
Post by Charles A Edwards
This change (svn2490) breaks file.edit/view for me.
Choosing either from the right-click menu opens an empty window.
A line of code was mis-positioned by 1. You could try again, now.
Works ok here on a 50 MB text file.
Working, for me also, with 2491.

Thanks.

Charles
--
Fortune's Office Door Sign of the Week:

Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige.
Mageia release 2 (Cauldron) for x86_64$
On SuperSize....http://www.eslrahc.com
Registered Linux user #182463
3.3.4-tmb-server-1.mga2 x86_64